The Ford Meter Box Company, Inc. is a 119-year-old, privately held water supply distribution equipment manufacturer and market leader with products sold worldwide. As a premier manufacturer in the market and in the Wabash business community, Ford Meter Box offers many benefits to people seeking to cultivate an exciting and rewarding career.
Below are our current job openings. Please select a job title to view more information.
Design Engineer - Pell City, Alabama
We are seeking a Design Engineer for our Pell City, AL location. This position has the following responsibilities.
- evaluate existing products and design new products, considering such factors as strength, weight, and cost of material selection top satisfy design objectives
- utilize CAD, solidworks, and FEA methods to improve current designs and develop new ones
- confer with producers of materials such as metal, ceramics, or polymers to ascertain suitability for product application
- review product failure data and interpret laboratory results to establish or rule out material and process causes
- provide 3-D modeling support to product engineering and purchasing
- manage all aspects of the product design life-cycle
- ensure projects are completed on time and with budget
- complete technical and regulatory documents
A four year degree in mechanical engineering (preferred), along with one to three years design experience is required. Engineer in training status is preferred.
Resumes may be mailed to:
The HR Manager
The Ford Meter Box Co., Inc.
815 Miles Parkway
Pell City, AL 35125
E-mail (as an MS Word document only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
FORD METER BOX IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS WILL BE MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Ford Meter Box conducts drug screens as a part of the hiring process.